NTLDR is missing press any key to restart in Windows XP or windows 2000
While I booting the windows machine, I received the following error message.
"NTLDR is missing press any key to restart."
1. Turn on the affected Win2000 computer, insert the Win2000 CD, and reboot the computer from the CD.
2. When you see the Welcome To Setup screen, press R to repair a Win2000 installation and then press C to start the Recovery Console.
3. When prompted, select the appropriate installation and then type the Administrator password.
4. At the Recovery Console prompt, type the following commands, where X is the drive letter assigned to the CD-ROM drive, pressing ENTER after each one:
COPY X:\i386\ntldr c:\
COPY X:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\
Keep in mind that if you are prompted to overwrite an existing file, you should do so.
5. At the Recovery Console prompt, type c:\boot.ini and press ENTER. If the file is found and you see a listing, skip to step 8.
6. If the Boot.ini file is missing, you can recreate it by typing the following:
COPY CON boot.ini
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
Keep in mind that the string that appears under the [operating systems] header is all one long line.
7. When you finish typing, press CTRL-Z, press ENTER, and then save and close the file.
8. Remove the Win2000 CD and type exit to quit the Recovery Console and to reboot the computer.